Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP - Word 2002 - Errors when using templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampaul

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2002
US
I've recently worked on a home user's computer, which was running Windows XP Pro with Office XP Pro, and is still giving the following errors when trying to open any standard template in Word 2002:

Error: Could not open macro storage

(Then, after clicking OK)

Compile Error: Can't find project or library

At this time the debugger is open... I really can't find anything out of place in the code. So I closed the debugger, then a standard Word blank document is open, so then I closed it as well. After closing the blank document, the chosen template is opened. I've checked the error on the M.S. web site (Article Q224338), however, the exact error number that is referred to is not what I am seeing.

Furthermore, the M.S. article mentions several items to try for avoiding the error. I'm not entirely familiar with Windows XP, and the article refers to starting Word as the Interactive user (How is this done?)... Regardless of whether of not the app starts as the Interactive user, both users have administrator rights to the computer... and I'm not even going mess with the registry and load the hive. Last, Word is not being used as an automation server, so there is no need to create a dummy service account.

Any help to resolve this recurring error would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back