Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRU with Vista 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
My Laptop crashed. I need to buy a new one. Vista looks good but does NRU11 work with Vista?? Thanks

Sincerely, thephoneboy

I am going to gamble and say yes but not sure.

In properties of the shortcut you can tell any program to run as 98 etc when using XP....Vista would have the same options but just not sure if NRU will work.

If you are going to use the laptop primarily for work and you cannot live with XP I would suggest the new Windows7.
They have a beta out if you want to load and test NRU.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

I have Vista and will be loading NRU 11 within the hr if I can get back to the shop. I'll let you know.

Thanks I appreciate your efforts. Also can you check if youhave vista 32 or 64. Aparrently 64 is the newer version and has fewer drivers out yet. Thanks Again Also Curlycord what is windows7?

Thanks Guys

Sincerely, thephoneboy

64 bit, but I'm not going to make it back to the office today so it wiil be monday before I can try to load it. sorry

Thats Okay Thanks for your efforts.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

I had a customer this week who just bought a new laptop with Vista installed. He told me that NRU 11 wouldn't even load as he kept getting an error referring to 64-bit applications. I hope there is an answer to this problem other than going back to XP.

Brian Cox

Windows7 probably won't be for the public till the fall.

Wayne T

Ok I have not tried mine yet but a partner just loaded NRU 11 on his Vista running 32 bit and he had no issues. So it looks like there is an issue with 64. I'll try mine later today.

Ok just tried to load it and it would not load up. So there is something with the 64 bit that it does not like.

My partner tried to load it on his laptop Vista 64 bit. It would not load. 64 bit seems totally out. Let me know if anyone finds a fix. I will also let you know back I find a fix. Thanks

Sincerely, thephoneboy

I'm loading Virtual PC 2007 on my Vista machine now. From what I could read about it you should be able to run other apps on a virtual system. I'll let you know if this works.

Brain dump on my part, it's been a long day sorry ...even with the virtual it's still a 64 bit system but now it's running xp also.

Update....I reloaded the Virtual PC as XP and then I could load the NRU11 on the virtual side. So go to Microsoft and download the Virtual PC 2007. You'll have to have a copy of XP after that to load on your machine but it looks like it works.

No problem, just to add I'm using Vista Home Premium on my Lap Top (I'll upgrade to the Business Suite later). You will get an error on the Microsoft site when you download the Virtual 2007. Apparently the virtual PC was geared toward Vista Business. The error stated that it may work but was not supported so I loaded it and it did work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back