Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Contivity Client Drivers Installation failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutong

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
CA
I have been trying to reinstall Nortel Contivity VPN Client of various versions all night. I had 4.10 on my Win2k IBM laptop (parts of our company coreload) and wanted to try upgrading to 4.60 to see if it would solve my problems with connecting over my windows-internet-connection-sharing desktop...

Anyway I tried installing the customized 4.60 installation my company supplied me over top of 4.10 without uninstalling first, I got an error during the install at the 'Installing Contivity VPN Client Drivers' saying 'Installation of the Contivity VPN Client Driver Failed' then the install bombs out.

After this I no longer have any entry in Add/Remove for Contivity... I tried installing 4.10, 4.15 obtained from the company with the same results (error message is slightly different, first a pop-behind error comes up titled 'GetLastError - The operation completed successfully' when I click OK on this it says 'GetLastErrr - The Specifie resource type cannot be found in the image file' followed by the same installation failed message from above with v4.60)

I also tried installing 4.10 and 4.60 generic verisons found online and linked to in this forum, always the exact same thing.

Anyone seen this before? Suggestions would be appreciated.

I had exactly the same problem. I also found that i had a Nortel IPSECSHM adapter #2 in device manager that wasn't working. Also, i had a "NT_IPSECSHM\0001\driver" reg key instead of 0000.

i finally got it working this way...
Open Regedit. Browse to where NT_IPSECSHM key should be. export it
Open Regedt32 and change permissions to allow access
edit export file from 0001 to 0000 and import it back..
Install VPN client.Reboot
Uninstall it cleanly and reboot
Install it again and it works fine

Hope it works for you...

I don't even have NT_IPSECSHM anywhere in my registry :(

can you send me your exported 0000 file so that I can import it . I cant seem to get the installation to work otherwise.
My email is thholr@charter.net
Thansk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back