Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No internet acces through MS programs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamYSA

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
AU
I can access the internet through Opera for browsing and Eudora for email and My Computer for exploring Web folders but NOT through IE6, Outlook Express or Frontpage. In Outlook Express I get the message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: ******* (asterisks mine) Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0EIn IE6 In IE6 it is "The page you are looking for is unavailable" In Frontpage it is "Could not find a web server at *******"

I have tried both through Dial-up connection and through my cable modem. Same result both ways. Any suggestions.

Thanks Gumpus but no, I have shut the firewall down and have the same problem.

Thanks AccessDabbler. I unistalled Sygate which led to the computer freezing up once the desktop had loaded. I then shut down all "non-essential"programs under the startup tab in MSconfig and rebooted. Everything is now working fine. I am not sure if it was the Firewall program but the 'cleanout'has done the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back