Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No fonts print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjwilldohisbest

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
US
Hi all.

I have a compaq IJ750 series printer. Running windows 98 on a presario 5822 - 96 mb ram - 498mghz intel celeron II processor (386).
The printer does an excellent job printing graphics, html documents, etc, but when it comes to printing from a notepad, word pad, word processor such as office, acrobat, applications the printer shoots out blanks at me. The heads of the printer move like it is printing line by line on the paper but nothing appears. I have run diagnostics, ink levels, cleaning, wizards, and went through the system manually and I cannot seem to find the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled from the original CD and nothing changed. I then went to compaq to get driver updates and fixes but these had no effect on the problem.

The only last route I have is I can use regular text and save them as a graphic file, but then I get jaggedness with the fonts that are more visible. I supposively have true-type and post type (anti-aliased fonts but according to a diagnostics program I have been using to list system info and benchmarking the fonts are labeled as draft quality?

Besides the printer not printing is it possible to put clean looking font's in place of draft quality fonts in windows?

Thanks for your time in reading this letter.

RJ

In the driver, can you tell it to download truetype fonts as bitmaps, sometimes this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back