Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No dial tone from t1 on 2nd or 3rd attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesch

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I just installed an 0X32 with a T1 providing all the trunks.

My customer said that one of his users was complaining about not getting dial tone when accesing an outside line.

When I checked it, I found that when I accesed a line, and that was any line, about every third attempt, I get dead air. That was by accesing the line, releasing it and reaccesing it, waiting two or three seconds between attempts. This is from any phone, on any line. All the trunks are digital, and we are using 6.1 software.

Another thing we noticed, was that when I accessed a line, released it, reaccessed it, released it and then watched the button display, after about three seconds, the line looked like it was being accessed again. Steady light for about two seconds, then it went out. After which I could hit the button and get dial tone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a timing problem? I tried changing the disconnect timers and it didn't help. Changed T1 card, and clock card with no help.

Sure could use some advice.

Thanks alot.

EB

is it always on one channel?
when all trunks are free, you must be getting on channel 24 always when trying to make an outgoing call.
are u accessing it via pool access code or do u do it routing code?

Thanks for your replies. We were working with the lec on Wednesday night, and left the job site about 8:00 pm with no resolution to the trouble.

The lec stayed and they tried some other things. Thursday morning, I got a call from the customer saying they weren't receiving any calls on the system. What a nightmare. Of course the lec claimed they didn't do anything. They claimed it had to be my equipment.After spending about four hours working with them, they finally sent a tech out.

The first problem, no dial tone every 3rd or 4th attempt was a timing issue from them. Found and fixed

The second problem, no incoming calls, while working on the first problem on Wednesday night, they turned off caller id. I guess on a digital trunk, that changed the data stream enough for my equipment to not see the call.

T1 is great. Just need a better way to test it.

Thanks,

EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back