Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No clue....any suggestions....please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapprill

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
Our office has recently re-organized, and I need to switch lines for two offices. I'm using a Modular ICS 1.1 with older Meridian phones. I'm not the tech support guy for the phone system, so I'm pretty much clueless. I checked out the online tech supportm, but it doesn't cover our older phone system. We do have the manuals, but they are very vague, and not very helpfull at all. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We had to ppl swap offices. We need to swap the phone lines. I think it should be fairly simple, but I have no experience with this at all.

I'm not sure what "to ppl" is. Two People? do they need to swap incomming lines, or are they just swapping offices, and therefore internal extention numbers? (ex:223, 245, etc, etc), or external numbers like direct lines to each user?

Metroman

Does each set have its own personal line ringing at it or do you just want to change the ext numbers arround?

if its just Ext numbers lookup in your book CHANGE DN if you need to reassing personal lines you need to change ringing assignments.

If you need more help let us know exactly what your trying to do so we can give you exact steps. That way you wont reprogram the wrong thing.

are you saying two people swapped offices ? and now you want to swap phones to get the right phone in the correct office.
press feat * 0 on the phones you want to move and press the intercom key it will tell you what station it is.
depending on what type of phone it may tell you what port it is .if not go into programming to maintenanence look up the dn which is the station number and it will tell you the port # . go to the cross connect block and swap the jumpers. then swap the phones in the two offices.
if set relocation is turned on, none of the above is necessary (just have the people take their phones with them when they move).i dont usually recommend set relocation be used. it can cause weird troubles but some people like it.

I'm sorry, I did mean "two people". Just to clarify a bit, we've had TWO PEOPLE switch offices. I need their phones to ring in the correct offices now. I don't necessarily need to change the outgoing lines, just the incoming.

not to be sarcastic about this but have you considered just changing the cross connect wires in the phone closet. no programming needed as long as they are on the same system and the connections are in the same closet.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I agree with Jerry, because when it comes time to do physical MAC's, it's a real b!@#$ch to do it when the DN's dont correspond with the Port numbers.

Metroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back