Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Audio on SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJ2600

Technical User
Apr 15, 2011
DE
Hi Guys,

Anybody can help in solving this issue,
Trunks are configured well, between my end and the service provider, Marlink,
I can call outside it rings at the destination, but no audio when the call is picked up,
the same thing with incoming calls,

Any suggestions guys?

thanks,

Usually a ports issue. Either you don't have all the necessary ports open or you have a SIP-Alg (or SIP helper) on a router or switch enabled and that will also cause a problem look at any managed switch to check and your router and disable them if need be. Are you routing via a proxy or direct? I'm guessing the ports though.

Thanks wireman50,

will check this with our IT guy,
will come back soon,

WJ.

Sorry wireman50,
forgot to answer, there is no proxy server used in our setup,we route direct,

WJ.

What gateway is set for the Controller?

Is the gateway for the phones identical?

When the call connects, the phones try and connect Peer to Peer.

Your Firewall rules may only allow the MCD to connect and not the entire phone range or the phone gateway is going a different route.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks kwbMitel,

Yest the gateway is identical for all the phones,
there is some improvement today, when reset the SIP Peer Profile by reprogram it totally,I noticed that one way audio path was there, I can hear the called party, but he can't hear me,

I need also some details by examples if possible to program CPN Substitute,
because, i've programmed the default CPN and default name, the internal DID range was also defined, but nothing is displayed on the phone, when calling out or receiving a call except the number of the DID of the provider,

any idea?

Thanks,

The symptoms suggest that the outbound connection to the internet is not using the same IP as the Inbound connection.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back