Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service - Call Rerouting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaMMuS

Technical User
Feb 21, 2012
GB
Hi all, we have a Mitel 3300 running MCD 4.2 with an IP5550 and I'm having a problem with call rerouting under Night Service.

The setup is as follows:

Ext 4454 - main incoming number, rings IP5550 console

Ext 4998 - multiline set key on three phones, set as first alternative for 4454, so if no-one picks up the main line, it will reroute to these phones.

Ext 4997 - Ring group which rings every phone in the office, set as Always Alternative for 4454.

When the system is in night service, all the office phones will ring when a call comes in on the main line, but if no-one picks up after a few rings the call will reroute to just the 4998 sets.

Ideally, I would like incoming calls to ring only on 4997 when on night service, and not be rerouted to 4998.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

there will be a call reroute on the main number in NS2 (this may not ring 4454 direct but a key on 4454). It will reference a number (say 5) in call rerouteing always alternate look at number 5 and you will see 4998. You can either change 4998 to be 4997 (providing no other ext is using reroute 5) or create a new always reroute number which points to 4997 and change the NS2 reroute for the main number

@ bobcheese - I don't think so.

Call Routing maintains control of the call until answered

@ HaMMuS - The system is doing exactly what you've told it to.

- Ring device X in Day/N1/N2
- Ring device Y in 1st alternative if unanswered at X

1 Possible workaround off the top of my head is to Create a new COS for the console for night mode. Adjust the timer for Call Forward no answer in the new COS to be longer and set the new COS to be active for the console when the system is in night mode.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@kwbMitel - I can't seem to set a COS for the incoming number (4454) as it is a softkey on the console and doesn't appear in the station attributes list?

The extension for the console itself is 4999 and does appear in the list.

The cos for the console prime 4999 applies to all keys on the console

Sorry for the late reply, I can only test things out at night!

@kwbMitel - Changing night service COS for the console prime number doesn't seem to make any difference. I've changed the same COS timer for day service in the past and it worked.

I would copy the console COS to a blank one, modify the timer, and apply it during the day to test. The mod might add 5 seconds for e.g.

Once that works, max out the timer and apply it at night only

I've tried your suggestion kwbMitel, modifying the timer for Call Forward no answer works during day service, but copying that COS and setting it to apply for night service doesn't work - the call reroutes to the first alternative after around 15 secs, no matter what I change the Call Forward no answer timer to.
It seems as though some other timer is overriding this during night service?

Try changing the timer in the COS of the trunk, same process.

No luck I'm afraid, tried changing the CFNA timer for the trunk and it makes no difference. Still stuck at 15 seconds before it reroutes to the first alterative.

How about:

Set up a ring group that has the console in it as the Day destination for 4454.
This ring group will have it's overflow point set to 4498.

This way you can get rid of the CFFA programming and just rely on the D/N1/N2 rerouting.

<-- has no experience with consoles so not sure if this will fail because of.

:code.poet:

Try the timer in COS 1. There are a few tricky little timers that can be set there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back