Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 302 console issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhillsmo

Technical User
Jun 23, 2006
US
We have a 302 console that is designated principal. It works fine. I added a second 302 console to a large department for the sole purpose of having the 100 button DSS. Calls from outside, inside are going to new console a few times a day when callers dial zero. Are tenant groups the only answer? How do I take the console out of the existing attendant group? I have assigned it an extension.

TIA.

You could try changing 0 on the dialplan to a virtual extension and using a cover path to send it to the correct 302 console extension number as alternative, you would have to determine if 0 call prioritiztion is important though and what you want to happen if the console is not attended or in pos-busy.So there are limitations doing it this way. Can you take the console out of 1 attendant group and place it in other on it's own, otherwise partitions can achieve this.

Taking the console out of att group 1 is one of the things I'm trying to find.

attendant groups and dialcode define for "attd"

you can remove or assign consoles to attendant groups if tenant partitioning is
enabled.

you can also designate 0 or another dialcode for access to the attendant groups.
via the dialplan, define for "attd" and take advantage of dialcode access to
attendant groups.

A dialcode assigned to "attd" will be used to route calls to the proper
attendant group, based on the tenant partitioning programming.

you can assign individual extensions to attendants

you can also add the individual extensions to attendants to hunt-groups to take
advantage of hunt-group queing and features.

hunt-group queing works different than attendant group queing

night service is also a separate feature for hunt-groups, trunk-groups, system
and attendant group night service.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back