Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 6 Broadcast message with Client 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtacoach

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2003
US
Why do I see multiple usernames for each of my users when I want to broadcast a message through client32? (Under Netware Utilities|Send Message)Only one of the names works which I understand, but why does it list them again. They have different connection numbers as well.

I am very new to netware so I apologize if this sounds like a dumb question! I couldn't find anything on novell's site-though I probably am just missing it.

Thanks

Yea, this annoys me to. Here is the deal. If you look at the server console you will also see users listed twice BUT you will see one entry listed with an * infront of it and the other with nothing infornt of it.

The * means the user is authenticated on the server (just DS, not file access), the second entry with out the * means the users is connected to the server (file access).

The tool to send a message to a user just lists both with out telling you what it is.

Provogeek

Saving the world, one network at a time
[rofl][rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back