Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netscape problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonun

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2001
US
Very recently, Netscape has been activing very poorly
on my computer. Two or three times a day it just decides it no longer wants to load webpages. It never gives an error message, but the pages just don't load. The only solution that I've found is to log off and log back on (WIN2K). It's getting to be very annoying.
Any thoughts.
Thanks.

I'm having similar problems. I'm on W98. Things tend to spin but go nowhere. It's frustrating. I've always preferred Netscape but am finding myself using IE more often. 4.7 tends to work much better overall than 6.x; wonder if 7.0 is any better?

Have NS 6.2.3 & NS 7,0 (beta) installed.

7.0 has some good features and so far I've only found a couple of bugs. Learning curve is not so bad. Also appears pretty stable. I am on Cable so sometimes the connections slows down a bit. It is then that I don't know for sure if it's NS or the connection ........ I really can't compare NS with IE as I don't use IE for anything.

It's free (NS) and can co-exits with earlier versions very well.

Give it a shot......

I experienced similar problems which caused me to quit using Netscape many months ago (I'm an Opera user now). I have a memory monitor in my Systray to monitor free RAM. When I would go to certain types of web pages, the RAM would mysteriously drop to zero and I would have to reboot. This would only happen with Netscape (version 6, I think.)

I am having a similar problem with Netscape. I have deleted Explorer; and then reloaded Win 98; now Explorer doesn't deliver anything on the 'Web and Navigator gives squirrely results. For example: I try to log on to Hotmail and after filling in screen name, password etc. I hit the return button; The mail screen never opens! If I hit the Back or Reload button I get the follwing message:
"The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA that has expired from cache. If you resend the data any action theformcarried out (such as a search or online purchase) will be repeated..."
Any answers to this one?
I can access Hotmail thru my laptop; both computers are behind a firewall (aRouteFinde model).
I also had Zonealarm on my computer before I installed the firewall... found that it had changed some stuff in my startup files that kept the desktop from pinging or otherwise contacting the router. I can now ping, but cannot contact the router.
Any answers to this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back