Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a programmer for a quick job

Status
Not open for further replies.

accessgoddess

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a client who has purchased a Mexican broadcasting company. They don’t have the cash to buy the high tech scheduling application people use to create daily logs for programming shows, commericals and so forth and wanted me to do it for them.

My problem is they want it by March 3rd and I am involved in various other projects and can’t get it to them in that time frame.

I have done most of one of the first part and that is the tape library. They will have tapes with all their commericals, stations breaks, public services announcements and movies on them. I am creating a tape library application that allows them to enter the pertinent information for each program.

The next part is that a scheduler has to schedule shows for every hour of the day. The scheduler will pick movies from the tape library and choose time slots for the movies. Once this schedule is created we need an app that will take that schedule and cut it up into segments with slots for a person creating the programming log to pick the commericals and breaks during the movie chosen.

It’s a little tricky but not impossible. I just don’t have the time. If you are interested please let me know and I can send you examples and a fuller explanation of how I think it would work. My email is AccessGoddess@yahoo.com and the client’s address is wcfirestone@sorpresatv.com. His name is Curtis Firestone and the company if Firestone Productions.

Thanks!

Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back