Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC Electra Elite 192

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCLNetcom

Technical User
Oct 4, 2004
US
Am a full on Nortel Tech who is moving this NEC for a friend. Will it retain memory when powered down for aprox, 30 min. Where to get documentation? Thank You.

if the batteries are good it SHOULD still run if it's unplugged for that long without turning it off! but turn it off anyway! :)

but there is also a memory battery on he cpu (left most card. usually in the bottom cabinet). make sure it's plugged in

I think you missed the question, it looks to me like he was asking if he shuts it down, will the battery retain the memory for at least 30 minutes? Where can he find documentation on ho long it will retain the settings when powered down?

You did not specify the type of NEC system, but all of the following applies to the Electra Elite Series of products.

Assuming the the battery on the CPU is good it will hold programming for quite a while. If I remember correctly the manual states that it will hold programming for approximatly 30 days, however I have seen it hold programming for much longer. The only thing you need to check is what Chris suggested. On the CPU card there is a pair of wires that dangles off the front of the card. Make sure this is plugged into the connector on the front. This is connection for the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back