Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam91

Programmer
Jun 6, 2014
US
Hi,

Can anyone provide me an sop for NEC 2000

thanks

Standard operating procedures.
like how to create extensions, call forwarding, renaming, create trunks, etc

thanks
SAMMY

Do you have a command manual? and even better yet a feature programming manual?

no I don't, can you share some document

thanks
SAMMY

Another good question is, how are you talking to the system, through the Dterm handsets or using a PC and do you have MatWorX?

NEC electra lite, NEC NEAX 2000, dunno the model. I currently don't have access to the system.

thanks
SAMMY

Post the type of CPU. On the component side of the card you will see a letter/number designation. IE: CP-00/CP-03/CP-14/CP24/CPUI, etc. This will tell us what system you have.

You are describing different models that have completely different programming languages so you will have to clarify this before we can really help!

I need help for both models as i am new to NEC PBX's.

thanks
SAMMY

There is no SOP for these systems. I have been working on NEC systems for over 30 years and have developed my own "way of doing things". If you have a specific question on a specific system then post it and I am sure you will get an answer here. You can visit for helpful documents on many types of NEC systems.

You have a steep learning curve ahead of you. I will try to put this in context for you, in the 2000 there is one command for the basic settings of the system, Command 08 and depending on which of the 2000s you have there are over 400 sub commands each of which can change the way in which your system works. You don't change a lot of them on an install but you need to know which to change and that is just the beginning.

That said, as Belvedere says, ask specific questions and we will do our best to guide you through the maze. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I have worked on avaya, nortel meridian and ericsson systems

How to
a. Create/delete analog extn.
b. Create/delete Digital extn
c. create/delete IP extn
d. rename extension
d. Check status of trunks
e. create new voicemail
f. reset voicemail password

thanks
SAMMY

Ok

But we still need to know the model of the 2000 as there are subtle differences and we also need to know how you are communicating with the system as, if you have MatWorx there are wizards which could help you do things easier.

Briefly....

a/ Command 10 or 14 depending on model
b/ same again but prefix the extension number with "F" (no quotes)
c/ Command 14 if it is an IPS but if not then you can't do it.
d/ Command 77
The second d/ depends on what you mean
e/ The Voicemail is a separate system and we would need to know what type (even if it is the in skin VM)
f/ see above

These are the very basics and in the case of a,b & c additional commands are needed and with all of them (although a will work in basic settings straight away once Cmd 10 is set), you need to be sure the card serving the port is compatible with the service you are trying to programming on to it. Also be aware that the command number is not necessarily the entire command, Nec Commands consist of a command number (XX) with an additional extension which refers the command more specifically (YY or even yyy and so on) there is then second data to be added which narrows down what you are programming under that command (eg Extn No) then the setting data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back