Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX2000 and VM Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

knfjr

MIS
May 7, 2003
US
We seem to be having a problem with NEAX2000. I'll say up front that I'm a Nortel guy so please excuse my ingnorance. I've inherited this switch and not had any training yet.

We have 2 ext's that have 1 main number that hunt to 1 number. The ext's were set up with:

CFB: Hunts to line 2.
CFNA-VM
CFBNA-Main number

With this setup VM does not answer. Then it appears the switch drops all of the above mentioned programming. If you go back and query the ext all of the CFB etc.. is set to NONE.

When I look at this setup it appears to be a loop but that's just an obersvation based on zero experience with NEC.

If you can help me out that would be great.

Thank

Ken.......

Could you have a hunt group programmed instead of Fwd?
You can check CMD 20 to see if access codes for Busy and No Answer are seperated or combined. If station is call forwarded and is in hunt group it will do some stranger than normal things. Use CMD 17-3 and 18-3 to check hunting or go to PIM configuration display (Page 3 of MAT DOS commands), highlight the extension and hit enter. Pragrammed values will appear at bottom of screen.
Hope this helps.

Jerry Pannell
techs@sclb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back