Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWL wont go out

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycochris

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2004
I've looked at a bunch of the other threads on this topic, but can't seem to find my solution.

On a Legend 6.1 with a MLM 007, I have one extension that the MWL wont go off. I have tried to manually make it go off, I have reinitialized the mailbox, I have deleted the mailbox and extension and re-added each. I have rebooted the system.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Is that extension the general mailbox owner? I would check that setting in Merlin Legend Mail under option "1" for system parameters. It could be that it is the general mailbox owner and that at night people are leaving messages in the general mailbox which would in turn light the message waiting light for that telephone.

It's not a general mailbox owner. It's ext 128. The general mailbox is on 110 in this case.

First, see what the phone knows about where the msg light came from.

MENU > MESSAGES

And see if it thinks it came from the VMS.

Either way, at that point, you can press DELETE MESG and get rid of it.

If it doesn't come back, no big deal.

If it does, more looking will have to be done.

It could be that someone sent a message to this extension.

Anyone can do this.

merlinman,

How would one go about deleting messages from a single line phone?

I'm having the same problem as cycochris

I tried that this morning and it didn't work. The problem has worsened. Now I have 8 extensions that have the lights on when there is no mail and the light is off when there is mail. This problem however, is intermittent.

This is only part of the problem they are having, the other part is calls arent making it to their destination when being transfered from the AA. They either get a fast busy or are transfered back to ext. 118.

What I would do is restart the mail.

There is a little hold marked VM RESET.

Carefully place a straighted out PAPER CLIP in there and you will feel it touch a switch.

Press in for about 3 or 4 seconds, and the 007 will reboot.

It'll take a few minutes (arond 3 or so).

After that, see if it works better.

You may also have to do a MESG LAMP RESET from MAINTENANCE.

You might try going to the calling group for voice mail and make sure the correct ports are in there.

Just a thought but I would check the touch tone receivers.

Been there done that.

40 years in the business and counting.

I used a paperclip and reset the VM, but that didn't fix it. What did fix it was rebooting the system and bringing it back up in the right order. Before I got there someone rebooted it, but in the wrong order. That caused all kinds of problems.

Once that was done, I went into maintenance and cleared all the MWL. Worked like a champ...so far.

Thanks for all the feedback. I learned a few lessons on this one. :)

Thank you. I've been looking around in the VM system. NO wonder I couldn't find it.

MerlinMan,
Just out of curiousity What does the Message lamp reset do. Does it turn them all off?
I't one of those things I've seen but never actually Used.

Thabks
~Don~

Actually, when you go MAINTENANCE, SYSTEM. MWL Update, you have 2 choices, CLEAR MWL or REFRESH MWL.

Clear turns them all off.

Refresh turns the ones on that need to be turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back