Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conno

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
Greetings to all. Any suggestions for an inexpensive reliable music on hold device that I can connect to our IPO500? Our server racks are quite a bit apart from our switch racks, so I cannot stream music on a server and connect to the IPO.

Thanks.

Just a simple mp3 player

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

The most reliable way is to use a 90 sec WAV file loadaed in, always works!! You can get Rack mount MOH players which are more reliable than a catalogue special on repeat, we use Titan they are around £80/$100.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

any simple MP3 player will do. Get one with an AC adapter or a docking cradle and you're good to go.
AYou could maybe one that is powered off USB and plug it into the VM server (assuming it's close to the IPO)

Or, any old CD player would work. Just put it on repeat.

For a long time I used an ancient PC that was laying around with windows 95 on it. Put Winamp on it and a dir full of MP3's and let it go on shuffle.

But watch it, some will stop repeating after 1 or 2 weeks.
We've installed 10 IPOD all 4gb and 1 didn't repeat for more then 2 weeks pressed play again and it worked for 2 weeks. Some Ipods are running for more then a year now. This same problem we've had with Philips mp3 players who stoped working after 48 hours.

Avaya_Red.gif

Thanks for all the input guys. Right now I have a laptop plugged in with music streaming from the internet, but that is not a long term solution.

Really, you are probably breaching copyright and bradcasting laws, just a heads up before you get in trouble :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Don't forget,in the UK, if copyrighted music is used as MoH then a PRS license is required.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back