Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-Year Recurring Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB79

Technical User
Mar 20, 2009
US
Fairly new to Project 2010. I am establishing a fairly long project. Can't seem to figure out how to set up a multi-year recurring task (one that occurs every two years). I thought it would be similar to setting up a quarterly task, but no luck. Can't really find any information about it on the web. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Tony

Well, since the limit is 99 weeks, you can't make it recur every 104 weeks. One solution I tried that works is setting up the meeting to recur annually, then deleting every other year. If you're making a project plan that goes out past 10 years, you're probably wasting your time, so deleting 5 task records is not that bad.

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying the task occurs once every other year? I'm not sure that is worth the bother of using recurring tasks. Create the summary task and enter the two occurrences as either manually scheduled tasks or with SNLT constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back