Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Value parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

t16turbo

Programmer
Mar 22, 2005
GB
Hi,

I write several reports which then get published to the Actuate Console for use with our Clarity project management system.
What I can't seem to work out, though, is how I can get a multi-select list for parameter entry.
Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks in advance,

If you're utilizing the paramter selection process provided by actuate, then I don't think you can, maybe someone else has an idea though. You may have to create your own custom page to do this, which is what we have done. In actuate 7 you can create a drop down parameter, but that is single selection only, I think.

Another choice without creating a custom parameter page is to allow the users to type multiple values in a text box parameter. But then you will have to parse the data and process it after that, which means writing code (or most likely a library) and dealing with it that way.

Thats quite a big 'bad-point' with Actuate.

I also use Crystal, which comes with the option to use distinct values in parameter selection..

I had better do some thinking then..

Thanks for the reply :)

Well you can always email actuate and see if there is a way to do it. I just know that we created a customized parameter page to get around all the different issues that we had with parameters. That was with 4.0 so maybe they have changed things since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back