Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSFLXGRD Not Registering Correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrapp

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hey everybody. I have a vb6 app that makes extensive use of the msflxgrd.ocx libraries and is installed on a number of client machines via a Windows Installer msi package. The install and the program both work great, so long as you are logged in as admin. The problem here is that normal users are blocked due to an error stating that msflxgrd is not correctly registered. This means that in order for people to use the program, I am required to give the user local administrator privelages on their machine. This is not only a hassle (because the same people don't always use the same maching), but also a slight security issue. I have tried setting the permissions on both the msflxgrd.ocx and system32 folder to full control for all users and the everyone account, but nothing so far has worked. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem? Thanks!!

Jeff Rapp

jrapp,

If I remember correctly, this grid control has a so called "Hell DLL" problem. I would suggest replacing it with msHflxgrd control (the hierarchical flex grid). You will not need to change the code for this operation. When I did this, my flex grid problems dissapeared.

Vladk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back