Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move documents automatically based upon age 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazpk

Programmer
May 18, 2009
AE
Dear All,

We are using LiveLink 9.7.1 and current working on upgrade to 10.5. We have following points to be clarified:

In LiveLink 9.7.1 or 10.5, is there any feature to move the documents from one storage to another automatically based on their age?

For example:

Any document older than 6 months, move to Storage S1
Any document older than 1 year, move to Storage S2
Any document older than 3 years, move to Storage S3

The idea is to move older documents (that are not frequently accessed) to cheaper/slower storage based on their age.

Thanks.

Have a look at "Content Move" which is now baked into core.OT documentation may mislead you into believing this requires archive server to hold content but that is not so.It is purely implemented as a Oscript layer.The AS information comes from the fact that the AS is very verstaile at storage and has many advantages more than a simple file system,but if you can find cheaper storage you can approximate the principles.The product was developed to migrate content into AS so some legacy info is in that document.

Link here

Before trying this have a mental understanding of using the "Storage Provider Rules" as well as understand that the livelink agents/notification works in your system correctly. the link is to just help new and in experienced livelink admins on how scheduled jobs work because if you are not sure to troubleshoot livelink sched jobs this becomes a real problem.Simply put if you are a new admin just have everything OOB in a single server and make it work and then try about separating the pieces such as search (admin)servers,agent servers front ends etc.

I think age based rules are part of this module

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thank you for the insights. I raised the same to OT support and they suggested to have Archive Server but I was not completely satisfied with the response so raised the same in this forum. I will take a look on the suggested link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back