Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging 5.2 licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelperForPBXman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2008
US
I have installed a new 5.2 Avaya Modular Messaging system. I have Avaya provided equipment (HP360) for the MAS and for the MSS. I installed the license file on the WebLM and it states that I have 1600 seats. I have imported the licenses certificates in VMSC, licensing. The status of the licenses is normal in VMSC, licensing. I have contacted Avaya and they had me run the Licensing Recovery Tool-No changes. I ran the CreateNInstallCert.vbs-No Changes. I still show 1600 seats on the MAS and only 7 on the MSS. Any suggesstions?

How many MAS do you have on this MM?
If more than 1, what MAS does the VMSC say where the WebLM server is?
Have you reinstalled the WebLM server on the MAS?

On MM 5.2 the MSS will not show the total number of licensed seats as it had in prior releases. The "Total Subscribers" column only indicates the total number of local subscribers adminstered on the local system. If the customer is used to seeing the number of seats available then they will need access to the WebLM server to view that info.

Chuck

RCT Technologies

Here is an illustration that might help. I have a site that has a license for 500. The current MSS is using 460 for Subscriber mailboxes plus three mailboxes that run the system. If you check the WebLM it shows 500. The MSS shows 460 Local Subscribers and Total of 463.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fxfa1ajaherhz46
Where are you seeing the 1600 on the MAS ? the only thing that will show how many you are licensed for and how many are in use are is the WebLM. The MSS will show you a count of all mailboxes.

You did not say if you can add users to the system or not. If you can then it should be working fine.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I have chosen to reinstall the software because the servers were having other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back