Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mod Mess Dial by name

Status
Not open for further replies.

berpen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2004
US
Can any one assist on getting the dial by name feature working for a networked Modular Messaging system? We have a few boxes networked together and we will would like to get the remote subscriber's names recognized on the local machines.
example;
If your forwarding a message within the system, we can send to any subscriber network wide but, when outside callers hear a prompt to dial by name they can only connect to that specific machine and not someone in another building.

Thanks

hrmm.... we have MM using the exchange backend. We previously had two switches using the same system, I dont recall any issues with DBN, but then again all our vms come into outlook, and they are usually just forwarded from there.

You could probably get this to work with an extension that routes to a caller app on the remote MM then use the "names directory" on that system. Althought you'd need some sort of warm transfer since you'd need to dial addtional digits once you got to the caller app.

RTMCkEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I know that Avaya just introduced what they call CAMRI software for enhancements to Call Answering Messages from Remote Subscirbers. I don't think this addresses the use of the Dial by Name feature to include Remote Subscribers, but it may be worth it to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back