Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIVS ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeljim

Technical User
Jun 21, 2010
US
I inherited a mess of a project that has a MIVS system installed... The issue I am having is that when you dial the wake up / dnd codes I see them hit the acd queue and agents but then rolls over to the Operator rather then answering the third staffing code answers but when I insert the room number it says it the service is unable to complete request... anyone have some helpful answers?

Thanks

This seems to be a known issue. The problem states that if you are calling the AWU DN and the call terminates at the ATT console that the associated SDI port could be misprogrammed or defective. The solution is to ensure that the SDI port is a BGD terminal TTY and to test with Terminal Emulator.

Also make sure the SDI port is set to 9600 baud.

We worked this issue for 4 1/2 months with ETAS and in the end after all the traveling back and forth to the customer site (in the middle of the ocean at a resort) ETAS discovered that it was a bad card. We got three for three sites and all three were bad. Once the cards were replaced and programmed up per the NTP it worked like a champ.

Thanks janaya... I have already replaced the SDI/DCH card once and rebuilt the tty port... I was wondering if it was some type of integration issue with the CS1000 or should I start swapping out parts... did you go through 3 SDI cards before it worked and if so did you get all the same vintage cards?

no it wasn't the sdi card that was bad it was the MIVS card that was bad. We received the new one from Nortel. We worked this and as soon as we got ETAS involved they spent about 10 minutes in the card and knew it was bad.

I am thinking I have a bad MIVS card as well... Were you able to use the web browser interface? I can ping and telnet through the ethernet port but when I try to launch the web browser it says it cannot find the page

no we could not get the web browser to work either until we got a new MIVS card.

ok thanks for the info now I have to convince the powers to be that we should order a new MIVS card... Last question how long ago did you have this issue? This card is about 18 months old and is just now being put into service

according to my email strings about 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back