Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 Teleworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTCINY

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
US
I've been tasked to help out getting a teleworker functioning for a friend.

He has a Mitel 5000 in his office with 10 digital phones and 1 remote teleworker. The phone works when the system is sitting on the DMZ. However, once they take it off the DMZ it stops working which indicates port forwarding issues. Can anyone tell me what the RTP ports that the remote teleworkers on this system use? Also please confirm that the remote phone will register using port 5060.

Thank you

Do you have access to the Teleworker Network Analyser (TNA) that comes with the MBG Application?

You can test connected ports before and after moving to highlight the differences

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Are using an MBG or just port forwarding?

If the remote phone is a Mitel handset then 5060is not used, that is for SIP.

The below ports will need to be forwarded to the Mitel for a remote handset (MiNet)

69 & 20001/UDP
6800-6802/TCP
3998&3999/TCP
6004-6261/UDP

We are just using port forwarding. I believe the phone is a Mitel. I know the local phones are old Intertel hadnsets. I will try these ports to see if this works. Thank you!!!

So the customer just said that the remote phone is actually an Intertel IP phone. Does that change the ports that need to be forwarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back