Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Sent Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomasone

Technical User
Nov 13, 2001
US
I have another user who wants an answer to the "missing email" mystery. Any ideas (rather then the normal troubleshooting techniques)

Problem: She cannot find an email she sent to her staff. Yes, she is looking in the true "sent items". It was missing 1/2 hour after she sent it.

Below is what I did:

1. Ran Gwcheck, Structure and Content on her account.
2. Made sure that she was viewing the correct "Sent Items" -she was.
3. Had her perform a "find" to see if it may have accidentally been moved to a diff location.
4. Searched the Novell Knowledgebase to see if I could scare up an answer for your problem.

It is difficult for me to justify spending hours trying to find one users missing email, but I am trying to do the best I can. any ideas would be welcome.

J Janis Tomasone
Computer Programmer/Analyst

What version of Groupwise?

I have an older version - 5.2.6

This version only displays 1260 sent items. To display more items you must either archive or delete older sent items, then do a view refresh.

Have you tried doing an advanced find?

the sheb

Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you checked to see if she has any rules set up that are inadvertently deleting sent messages? It's possible - not probable - but possible.

are you auto-archiving? you could try deleting her sent items and re-creating it....i had a user with the same kinda thing happening and it worked for me... Tamra Graver --CNA
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back