Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 automatic schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpzan

Technical User
May 14, 2016
US
Hello, got a customer with a MICS 7.1 and Callpilot 100 3.0.

Automatic night service is programmed to send incoming calls to the Callpilot from 5:00 pm til 8:00 am weekdays and all weekend long.

This has been working correctly for many years.

The customer called Monday morning around 9:00 o'clock and said the system would not come out of night service. "Services On" was in extension 221's display as if was still night time.

The system time and date is correct.

I stepped one of their employees through changing Night Service from auto to manual as a bandaid until I can get there later this week.

I also had him look at Schedule Times for each day of the week and they were correct.

Any input on this strange problem?

Thank you sir, tried rebooting the CP but no joy.

What I've found is the MICS will start night service at 5:00 pm but it won't stop night service at 8:00 am.

I've pressed F871 while night service is active and tinkered with the options "night ringing", "night until *", "normal ringing" and "normal until *"

I can't find much explanation of these options in the manual.

Could you provide a brief explanation of each of these four options?

Many thanks in advance.

Okay, the customer has told me they monkeyed around with F871 and may have changed the setting but they're not sure what they've done.
I set the F871 option to "normal until *" during business hours and the night schedule came on at the correct time and appears to be working right again.

After experimenting with the four F871 options on a test system at our office, I've noticed:

1. When set to "night ringing" - night ringing stays on all the time and does not follow the automatic schedule.

2. When set to "night until *" - night ringing follows the automatic schedule and switches to normal ringing at the programmed time.

3. When set to "normal ringing" - normal ringing to the telephones stays on all the time and does not follow the automatic schedule.

4. When set to "normal until *" - normal ringing to the telephones follows the automatic schedule and switches to night ringing at the programmed time.

If anyone has something to add, correct or clarify I'm all ears [smile]

F871 is for manual use, or to override, if not doing either then leave it alone.

Normal is not a Schedule, the system goes to Normal when any of the KSU Schedules are told to turn off at XX:XX

You should have these in programming under Servioes/RingingService then press Next until you see:
Night
Evening
Lunch
Sched4
Sched5
Sched6

Go into each one and set the parameters - OFF, Manual or Auto

Now go to:
Servioes/CommonSettings/Scheduled Times
Go to each day then to each Night, Even and Lunch to check the start and stop times.

The odd time there is a confusion:

Do not be confused with any greeting you hear from AA as the voicemail system has it's own schedule.

KSU Schedule - tells when a device should answer/ring right away
Voicemail Schedule - tells which greeting should play at the specific time.

So make sure KSU schedule and the Voicemail schedule are on par with each other for times for each day of the week.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord for the additional clarification. I think I've got a grip on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back