Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft ships Windows for 64-bit computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, now we can GPF with even bigger files.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

FYI:
Windows XP 64-bit won't be sold as a retail package, but only as an OEM edition. Supposedly, you can trade in a 32-bit copy of XP for a 64-bit copy, as long as you sign a waiver of liability (the drivers for your hardware may not be supported under 64-bit Windows).

Chip H.

==> Great, now we can GPF with even bigger files.

Or we'll get to the GPF twice as fast.

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I want to go one better and have a 65 bit version.

---"but ours goes to eleven..."

[sub]Jeff
[purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day

I was not born cynical - I earned my cynicism through careful observation of the world around me.[/sub]

It will support up to 128 gigabytes of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, wow. We can now go crazy with our variable declarations;-)

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

Oh Great, support for 128GB of Ram, you finally get that big chunky 100GB worth of data into ram for processing from disk and bang, bsod arrives! cant wait?!!?!

I wish someone would just call me Sir, without adding 'Your making a scene'.

Rob

I can play billiards online faster?

Glen A. Johnson
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
Groucho Marx
Tek-Tips in Chicago IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back