Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Jet problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiandoll

Programmer
Apr 24, 2002
BB
Hi all,

I have a problem that I cannot seem to fix it. Whenever I open a specific database I get the following error:

The Microsoft Jet Database engine stop the process because you and the other user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

By the way noone has the database open. Need help ASAP.. Thanx in advance...

Look in the folder that the MDB resides and see if there is a .LDB file of the same name. This is a locking file and sometimes doesn't get properly removed when someone gets out of the database in an incorrect manner. If it is there, and you are sure that no one is in the DB, you can delete it to remove the lock. Also, sometimes you may need to reboot the machine to release it. Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back