Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Entourage - Won't Open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephmaya

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
CA
HI there,

I tired to burn my office suite on to a disk and realized I didn't want to copy Entourage so I dragged it back to the dock. Now it won't open! The icon is still there and all my other office programs work, why doesn't this one??

PLEASE help!

Thanks,
Stephanie

Drag the Entourage alias ffrom the dock. Find the Entourage app on your hard drive (not the folder, teh app) and drag its icon to the dock. It should now launch.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

When you try to drag the
alias from the dock it will not move. I can get the
ENTOURAGE APPLICATION from the hard drive out, but
there is no way it will stay in the DOCK.I
TRIED USING THE REMOVE FROM DOCK even, but it
DISOBEYED me and went back to the command OPEN AT
LOGIN.

Any more suggestions?

Much appreciated!
Thanks!

Quit Entourage first. Then drag it to the desktop. It should go poof with the little animated Apple dust cloud. Then you can re-add it.

The problem is, its already quit, as it won't open at all.

Make sure to quit all MS Office apps before tring to remove it from the dock. The symbol on the dock is only an alias for the application.

Go to the Entourage folder on your hard drive and double click on the icon for the application to see if Entourage opens. If it does not, You've corrupted something and will probably have to reinstall Entourage. If so, make sure to make a copy of Microsoft user data on your hard drive and put that copy on the destop or somehting.

If Entorurage launches ok, quit and try dragging the icon off the dock. If that works drag the icon for Entourage.app to the dock.

Make sure you're logged in to osx as administrator. If you're logged is as a user with limited accessability, you might not be able to change the dock.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back