Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message indicator light on but no message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9uye

MIS
Aug 13, 2004
US
I have an IVS 2000 with Dterm Series E phones and several of my extentions are showing that they have a voicemail and there is no message. I have tried leaving a message at that ext and waiting a few minutes, checking and deleting it with no luck. My Repartee voicemail system has a place to toggle the MWI on and off but that does nothing at any extention. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could fix this, that would be great. It is really a pain for our customer service reps when it looks like they have a message when they really don't.

Thanks,
Tony

Sounds similar to our IPS 2000. It may be a call back message...Speaker + Message + erase(softkey). Supposedly, when a caller leaves a CB message instead of calling VM it is supposed to call the person who left the CB message. Our system doesn't do that...not that I want it to.

The interesting thing about the 2000 that I used to maintain is this:

We had 4 voicemail ports. After you check your voicemail, a few seconds after you hang up, it sends a command to turn off the message waiting light. HOWEVER, a few things can botch this up.

1) If there *are* no available ports to seize to send the command (for example, you finish checking yours, someone else logs in, or is leaving a voicemail, etc. and there's not an available port) the system will "miss" sending the command to clear your MW Lamp.

2) If you have to reset your switch, it may leave it on.

The solution is to look in your numbering plan for the function to clear the MW lamp, and type that in in the phone.

The other solution, if the 2000 *thinks* the MW lamp is off, it won't send a command to shut it off, but rebooting the DTerm (unplugging it and plugging it back in) should reset it.

If, in fact, you are having this issue a lot, it sounds like #1 is the culprit, and adding additional voicemail ports will clear up your problem.

--Greg

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Greg is correct. I see this all the time, except on the DS1000/2000 which turns inter extension message waiting off when voicemail is activated. If you activate the message feature to call the messaging extension, you usually get ring no answer, when if the call is answered, the light is turned off by the phone system. There should be a code to dial either from the attendant phone or at the phone with the "stuck" light.

I've recently had the same problem, and given that I'm not too phone savvy we called our tech. Please forgive me If I butcher any terms. In our situation, refreshing lamps & turning them on or off didn't fix it. The tech had to patch in with a phone, dial "62" then the extension where the light was lit. He had never seen this problem before, and had to call NEC for the answer. I hope this helps.

X

Check out this link:

Problem: D-term's and S/L sets have message light that will not go out with lamp off access code.
Solution: This is caused by an old 1400 feature called Message Reminder designed before the invention of VM. The caller dials a station followed by a fat fingered 6 which turns on the mess light. To remove the light go to CM 20 and create an access code to = A46 (IVS) or A146 (IVS2). Go to the station with the light, dial the access code from the Prime followed by a 3. To prevent this from happening again go to CM 1547 and 1548 and change COS of stations to a 0 for this feature.

Gary Hornby

I have a NEC NEAX 2000 IVS voiceserver with some Dterm Series E phones in my office. The display on one of the coworker's phones said "Message 1". I found a sticky note in the phone manual that referenced this problem and said to hit "Speaker + 633" Worked for me! Give it a shot.

By the way, in my pervious post was the same problem as above. The Voicemail light was on, but not messages on the voice server.

You can also go into your voicemail (through a laptop and the port on the front, if it's internal) and turn the lamp off there.

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

We have this problem alot and the company that installed our pbx told us to just dial from the phone *403. that works but I am not sure what that command is for... if someone could answer that, it would be helpful.

40 will be your access code for the message wait search feature (Check cmd 200 for 40 you should see A46) and 3 is the cancel code for that feature.

Sorry slip of the finger I should have said *40 will be yor access code check Cmd 200 for *40 (A40) you should get A46. As this is just about an obsolete feature (if you have voicemail) you would be best off disabling it in cmd 1547 and 1548 for any SFC you use in 1202.

I usually go #9 and then enter the extension
or
CMD1303 1 EXEC
CMD1303 0 EXEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back