Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message boxes and hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizzi

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have a data access page that is a survey, allowing users to answer and submit questions. Originally I had a hyperlink field, and in the onclick procedure, I did some data validation and then saved the data access page and went to the new site. However, if I get an error while saving due to a duplicate primary key, I get the error message, and I want to cancel that and stay on the page, but I still get sent to the new page from the hyperlink.

So my thought was to have a regular command button, do my validation, and if there is an error, keep the user on the current page, and if there is no error, move them to the new page. However, I don't know how to do that. I tried to link the MsgBox "OK" button to a url but that didn't work. Any suggestions PLEASE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back