Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 2250 Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGremlins

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
CA
Our Meridian 2250 Console is displaying the following this morning:

E IDLE

Not sure if this indicates a problem. I've had the operator go on/off nights. The E remains.

I've checked my switch, everything is normal.

I have searched through this web site and the Nortel documentation. Is there anywhere I can find out what the E might stand for?

Thanks in advance.

gremlins would be a clue, i've seen it before but haven't known it to cause a problem.. my grandfather told me 50 years ago, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.. that phone had a crank on it, and i was trying to find out how it made electricty... if you do find a reason be sure to post it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hey Gremlins,

There is a switch on the bottom of the console that should be labeled "Emergency". Your receptonist was probably moving the console and switched it. This switch is basically useless other than the fact that it puts the word "Emergency" or "E" in your case, on the display. Other than that the set will function. Once you switch it off it should correct the problem.

I've been told that it was useful back in the copper days to override in the event of failure. Who knows. Like to hear if this solves your problem.

PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back