Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting Request missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepole

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
One of my users (using OL2002/Exch2000) sends a meeting request to another person that's using a POP3 account. When that person receives the request (he's also using OL2002) it isn't an actual meeting request. it's in HTML format ans just gives the time/date and location, i.e. there's no "accept," "deny," etc. buttons and no way to add it to his calendar.

The "When sending meeting requests over the Internet, use iCalendar format" box under Options/Calendar Options is grayed out, but not checked.

If I send to another user that also has a POP3 account and is using OL2002 everything works great.

What could be different on the client?

OK, I added an SMTP/POP account to the Exchange user's Outlook and when she sends using that account, the request is still not working.

If I check the source when it arrives the body of the message consists of only this:

When: Thursday, October 02, 2003 3:00 PM-3:30 PM (GMT-06:00) Central Time
(US & Canada).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is after completely bypassing the exchange server altogether! I have "Use Ical format when sending over the Internet" turned on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back