Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum processing time or maximum records limit reached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacificpear

Programmer
Dec 27, 2004
US
Hi All

I am recieving this error messgae when i am trying to preview the report

"Unable to retrieve Object.
Maximum processing time or maximum records limit reached"

How do i overcome this problem

PP

Hi,
There is a default limit on the # of records returned and on the time out of an 'idle' connection..These can be set in the CMC , but first check the query for that report and see if it is applying your record selection criteria at the database level ( use the Show Sql option and see if all your selection criteria have been turned into WHERE clauses)
- this can reduce both the # of records returned to Crystal and the time it takes.

What database and what connectivity method are you using?

What version of CE?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

PacificPear -

I encountered the thresholds on the max-time and max-records settings and corrected them by setting them to 0(zero)to make them unlimited.

Gimps, in what location did you make those changes? I am still having this issue after changing time out times.

cmc>servers>page server>properties
i would not advise you to set it to unlimited as page server is not a robust server, you need to schedule such reports that uses job server which is more robust

Thank you Shined - I had already set it to unlimited in that location but "Minutes Before an Idle Report Job is Closed:" and "Minutes Before an Idle Connection is Closed:" were set kind of low. I bumped up those time and will test to see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back