Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

maximizing on open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley0q0

Technical User
Feb 27, 2001
US
Don't know if this is the right place to put this question but here goes.

Why is it if i have an access database open and i open another, that one doesn't open in maximized mode? Is there any way I can change this so no matter what it opens maximized? I've tried the on open event, but for some reason if I use a shortcut to open the database, it still doesn't maximize on open. It's frustrating because it screws up the forms that are opened at start up.

Thanks for your help.
Smiley [worm]

Hi Smiley,

There are 2 form properties that have messed up my view.

under the form's property set autoresize and auto center both to no.

Hope that works out for you.

Ken

Currently seeking for position around Boston, MA. kenphu@yahoo.com

yeah, i have those set like that...

it's access itself that doesn't open as maximized.. my forms are not maximized, don't wnat them to be. but i want access it-self to maximize when it opens so that it doesn't screw up my form...

1) if you open Access from a shortcut you can set it to open maximized, in the Shortcut properties sheet.

2) If you hold the CONTROL key down when you close a window, Windows will remember the size and position of the window, and futures opens will follow same size and pos.

JMH

Don't be sexist - Broads hate that!

Another free Access forum:
More Access help stuff at

right on!!

[green] THANK YOU!! [/green]

just what i needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back