Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS/90 4.2 - Printer Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewkimber

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2007
US
The company I work for recently upgraded to 4.2 and we seem to be having a bit of a problem with printers being changed on forms. Here's the scenario:

User "A" opens a sales order and presses the "Quick Print" button. She than selects the printer nearest her office and then clicks print. User "B" then opens a different sales order and presses the "Quick Print" button using the same sales order form he hits the print button. To his surprise the sales order is not printed on the printer nearest him but rather on the other side of the building.

So basically the problem we are having is that printer settings are not being retained for specific computers and when one person changes a settings it affects the report system wide.

Anyone else have this problem or know of the solution?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

Matthew

If it's like 4.10, it will print to the last printer used on the system - we've having issues on printing also

That is exactly how it is acting. Have you come up with any solutions?

WAD - Working as Designed. Remember that all change is not progress.

Printers are saved with the form. So, just create a new form code for user B and copy the form from form A.

When user A prints, they will use form A and it will go to their printer.

When user B prints, they will use form B and it will go to their printer.

Simple!

Dawn

I am running 4.10 and had this problem. It wreaks havoc because there are certain things you can't print where you need them to print. Tray 2 on a printer for example.

I installed the patch for 4.1 and it fixed this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back