Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy993x19

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
US
We have this board, TN801B on the switch, someone told me we paid big money back in 1999 for it, and never used it..they also said it could be used to generate screen pops...I looked in avayadocs and found how to start it, but I don't want to crash our system. I guess my question is, what's it do and can I make use of it?

The MAP-D by itself is only a gateway of information being sent from the switch. In order to generate call information the ASAI features need to be enabled (purchased) on the Definity. There are two ASAI features, ASAI Core for the switch to broadcast call data and ASAI HBR, also known as ASAI Plus, which is a 2-way conversation between the switch and a controlling adjunct, such as Genesys. If you need to do 2-way control you need to purchase both software features. In order for ASAI to work it needs to talk to a Telephony Server (T-Server), which takes the call information from the switch and based on a pre-defined script does something with it. That something could be detecting an incoming ANI, doing a database lookup and popping the screen with that customer's records.

Kevin

You should have at least one of these settings turned on, generally you get it with the MAPD as a bundle (although this may not be the case). You should also have a CD called "Avaya CentreVu Computer Telephony" or something similar, this CD has everything you need on it to setup a TSERVER to control the MAPD/Switch. If you need any help with it let me know.

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back