Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual CK5 Processor Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2002
US
I have a Magix R2.2 board that I have had in a box for a while. I wanted to play with it to try several configurations but when I put it in my chassis and power it up, the console makes sounds like the system does when it booting up but nothing comes up in the display and the alarm light becomes red.

Since I cannot get my console to work in order to use the menu to default the board, I need to now how to manually default the board. I want to make sure that no corruption is causing this problem.

Any other suggestions will be really beneficial.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

1) Does the LED on the processor show a 'c' and then go out?
2) Are both switches on the back of the processor (by the card edge connector) either both up or both down? (make sure it's one way or the other).
3) Are there any other modules in the carrier? (Try removing all except the processor)
4) Is the memory card installed all the way? (Try removing it any boot without it).
5) Is your 25 pr. cable good?

That should get u started and possibly resolve you problem (provided the processor is good)

franke

1)Yes
2)Both up
3)Tried both ways. With and without any other modules and the same result
4)Tried with both the card in and out and the same result
5)Tried the cable and console in another processor and it worked fine

I used the processor several months ago and it worked good, then I put it away in a box.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

sounds like it might been searching for the wrong module. Remove the processor. Next to the memory battery on the processor is a battery strap. Remove the strap for 30 seconds. this should dump all the memory and set the processor to full factory default. Plug it back and see what happens

Hi

If you are unable to use the console, connect to the system using the admin port and use winspm to connect to the system

Once you have connected to the system, tell the system to board renumber. this should do the trick for you.

Are you positive that the carrier and power supply are both working properly?

To reset the proc to default on a magix remove the small jumpers one at a time for about 10 seconds or so and put them back on the way they came off. this will clear the memory on the proc.

I've got a CKE4 and CKE5 Forced upgrade card to MAGIX 3.0. Bitchin features. I'd be willing to upgrade your system for no-charge. If its a spare, you can live without it while its being upgraded. You have to pay the shipping though.

Let me know if you or anyone else is interested.

KristianDG@TheGuntzelmans.NOSPAM.com
(Remove "NOSPAM" for valid address).

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back