Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making Content at runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knexo10

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
AU
I want to make a product CD that is updated from text files. I have a file for a list of product series and files for each series, and files for each product in that series.

I want to be able to update these files at any time to add/change/delete products and series.

This will mean that when ever I create the CD it will have the most resent changes included without having to update my Director project. (Also might some day include an update method where people with the CD can download the Changes to the files).

So when I run the projector it will dynamically create a list of buttons (one for each of the different series). Each of these buttons should when clicked generate a list of products in that series dynamically from the text file for that series. This list should show up on the stage as buttons and descriptions that when followed load the data for that Product from the appropriate product text file.

I have started using the FileIO Xtra, which means I can load the information into the projector. But I don't know how to create Buttons for each of the Series.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

How about rather than trying to create a dynamic "graphic" such as a button, you create a dynamic "text pop-up menu" that will pull from the text file to create a dropdown text menu - when you click on the menu item, it then pulls from the list you created with the FileIO routine to show a list of products or whatever.

You can see an example Lingo for creating these here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back