Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjoe1975

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
NO
Hi,

I'm very new with this system and I don't know how to configure the NetBackup version 7.0 over Windows 2008 to sent me a notification when the backups are success or fail.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thank a lot.

Is your master server on Unix or Windows? Either way you can always look in the Netbackup Administrative Console Activity Monitor.

Skywalker1957, is operating over Windows bases.
I know I always can use the Console Activity Monitor to check the backups, but I need to know the results over the mail. I think it can be done.

Thanks

I'm not a Windows guy, but I guess you could only keep the last 24 hours in Activity Monitor and then setup a scheduled task to run the command c:\Program Files\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bpdbjobs.exe and re-direct it to a flat file in c:\temp. Then use a standalone command level mail program like "bmail.exe" to send the contents of the flat file to an admin's or a group's smtp address (provided port 25 is not blocked.)

Did that help you any?

and don't forget you also have the bperror command.

bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24

This command will sometimes give you false positives as it only reports on successes and errors. It's possible for a job to suffer an error during a backup, go back to a checkpoint, resume the job, and then complete successfully. That event, even though the job suceeded, will still be captured in the bperror log. I look at this daily as I like to be aware of this.

Thank you very much for the answers.
I will try them.
I appreciate it.

hi please do this,

in the activity mon. gui

-host properties
-master servers
-properties
-global attributes
filling administrator email address

if you want succsess-fail , in every one client

-properties
-universal settings
check server sends mail and filling text box.

Regards

You can do that, if you don't mind an email for each client......That's not very workable if you have over 100 or so clients....or over 4,000 like I have globally.

Summarized reports are the most efficient way to work with the least number of people. If you ever get a Unix platform for your master server, I could give you some scripts that would make your job much more workable.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back