Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail Forwarding (Delivery Options) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Dear Colleagues,

I need to give our helpdesk permissions to edit the mail forwarding option under the Delivery Options in AD. However, I do not want the helpdesk operators to be able to do much more than just that.
What permissions are required to be able to edit Mail Forwarding on MS 2003 Exchange Server? We have got over 5000 mailboxes so doing that on the mailbox level is not really an option.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

I will assume your Helpdesk logins have their own group.

Right click your domain name at the top of AD and select "Delegate Control"

In the Delegation Wizard the first thing it will ask is who to delegate stuff too. Select your Helpdesk group (you can do separate accounts if you want).

Next you want to select "Create a custom task to delegate" and click next

Select "Only The Following Objects" and scroll down and check the "User Objects" box.

On the next screen I put a check in property specific and when you scroll down you will want to make sure the only things checked are "Read Forwarding Address" and "Write Forwarding Address".

With those checked click next and finish.

Now you will more than likely need to install the admin pak or the AD MMC for Users and Computers. They should not be able to do anything other than what you ask for above.

PcLinuxGuru,

Thank you for the info.
It is exactly what I needed.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back