Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mail.box

Status
Not open for further replies.

barwarner

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
Can anyone help me with the following error in Lotus Notes 5 - only when sending an attachment do we recieve the following message: "Remote system no longer responding:mail.box". I don't know if this is the cause, but the person having this problem works from home and connects through a VPN. What does the mail.box file refer to? Thanks.

Barry

Hi

Mail.box is the mail box on the server where all mail arrives and teh server then routes to the various locations whether they are internal or external. The mail.box that the user is trying to get to first will be on the Server where his mail file is located. Check ther have been no changes etc and check the connectivity thru the VPN using ping or telnet etc as it sounds like the mail is not reaching the mail server. If it was at our place I would be asking the comms team what have they stuffed up and to check the VPN and that the correct ports are allowed thru.

Have a good one.

David

maybe is your notes client deploy problem. you can check the notes client deploy.

I am a System Administrator(MIS),I came from zhejiang china. Hopes everybody many advises!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back