Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lu1863 error Symantec Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanchisv

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2007
A2
hello there,

i got a problem with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Ed 10.1.5.5010
when i trying to run liveupdate there is a message lu1863
"space in the harddrive"
well my server has 2 HD 180 GB and 60Gb so it's not about space, i uninstalled and installed and again same problem,

i did a cleanup (just in case) and nothing,
i created another Administrator user and nothing,

i think it's something with a temp file, but i'm not sure,
does somebody have that problem before?

thanks

LU errors sometimes mean that you need to reinstall Liveupdate. Another possibility is that you are using the program on a partition that does not have enough space. The HD can have hundreds of GB's of space, but if you are saving it on a 500 MB partition, then you have a problem. Also, you might want to try running Disk Cleanup (Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools)
Do you know how big your paging file is? If that is taking up the entire HD (not very likely), that might need to be adjusted. Another issue could be that you have a worm on your system or another program taking up space on the HD. Lots of possibilities here.

I was thinking about this last night. Do you happen to have a program on the server called "Rapid Restore"? I think this is a program that comes with all new IBM computers. What it does is it creates backup copies of data just in case the drive crashes. However, I have seen several instances where it basically duplicated the entire hard drive and filled up all of the HD space. There was a bug fix for this issue that freed up all of that wasted space. Of course, I would just get frustrated and delete the program altogether. If by some small chance you have this program, then that is the solution.

thanks for answer,
but i already tried disck clean up,
i have in C: 118Gb and D: 25GB
the page file is ok with almost 2gb
i have another server with the same specs and it's running ok,
i will try again the Lusetup.exe ,
but it seems to be another issue.
like i said, i removed the all program and installed again.
and nothing.

the server is an HP dl380 g4 and i don't have a rapid restore in mi server,

thanks

Well, if worse comes to worse, you could try uninstalling the program and downloading either AVG Antivirus or Avast Antivirus. I have not had a problem with those programs and they are FREE. You have to remember to update it on a regular basis though. Also, if your network is fairly large and depending on the server for Symantec client updates, then that obviously won't work. Then, of course, you could do what I usually do and Google the error message. However, I must say that I had an LU error and I ultimately ended up crashing my system and having to reinstall everything (so I switched to AVG later). So back up everything before you do anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back