Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Excel keyboard shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirZebra

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
FR
Hi all,

All my Excel subs are stored in the hidden personal.xls. I recently changed the names of the modules to reflect the subs they contain. I have now found that one of the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + e) for a macro does not work, while the rest do. Looking at the Macro/Options dialogue box still shows the same shortcut key, but when you press it, it doesn't run the macro. Has anyone come across this before or know of a way to correct this? I have tried changing the shortcut key, but it still doesn't work. The macro can be run from a customised menu, from the macro dialogue box and from the VBA Editor. I'm using Excel 97.

Regards,

Alan

Have you checked whether any of your other subs (or indeed a workbook specific sub) has been assigned the same shortcut key?? Rgds
~Geoff~

Thanks Geoff,

Wow that was fast, I was still looking at the other questions on the page by the time you replied. I only have a few macros run from shortcut keys (normally the ones run from external applications) and none of the others use the "e" key, and none of the open books have any macros in. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Alan

Sorry Alan - no other ideas for reasons I'm afraid but as a workaroaund, it might be worhwile copying the macro, calling it a different name and assigning the shortcut key to the new macro.
You could then delete the old macro Rgds
~Geoff~

Thanks Geoff, I have just tried that - I assigned a different key to the copied macro and it works fine. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back