Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing Streamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynndawn

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
Could anyone tell me why my Arcserve 2000 is losing it's Streamers in the Media Pool at least once a week? When I reboot the server they magically reappear! I'm pretty new at Arcserve so any info would be great.

I am not sure what you mean by streamers? Could you please elaborate to clear up my ignorance :)

By Streamers I mean media sets. Your scratch & save sets are normally displayed here.

Are you using the standard ARCserve database or a SQL as the alternative database.

Just realised that stopping & starting the database, tape & job engines allows me to find the streamers again without rebooting. But there must be a problem!

ARCserve 2000 stores infromation about the media pools in the database, so I would guess just stopping and starting the database engine may be enough to see the information. However, it is possible that the media pool being used will not be able to seen as the job is running, so no one will manually move tapes around during the backup. I wonder if once the job completes, the media pool becomes visible again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back