Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for 3Com Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickeybj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2010
US
Can someone provide a link where I might be able to download drivers for a 3Com NIC card. Every site I've been offers some sort of download manager that tries to install unwanted software on my PC. All I want is the drivers. I will do the installing myself.

Thanks
Rick

Why don't you give us the exact model so we can find a site without the extra junk. If you don't have the exact model, the FCC identification number on the device will help.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

And if all else fails, try getting the PCI... (hardware IDs) numbers from the device manager properties. To do that, follow the instructions here:

Then when you see the IDs, right-click anywhere on them, select Select All, then right-click again and select Copy.

Then paste here, or else use that to search Google - not saying you won't still find loads of junk like what you already have found, but it might get you to better results.

Also, if this is an OEM computer (Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc), and the card wasn't added in post-purchase, then you can likely find the correct drivers you need on the PC manufacturer's website.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

3Com was acquired by HP. So all drivers and software for 3com hardware can now be found at HP Networking site.

If you provide the exact model of Nic we may be able to locate a direct link to the driver.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back