Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login script with w2k pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeroenDortmans

Technical User
Aug 7, 2001
NL
I have a server running w2k pro for file and internet sharing.
Is it possible to use login scripts with w2k pro or must I step over to w2k server to use this? When this is possible, how must I setup this in short?

This is usefull information, but it doesn't tell me if I can use login scripts with w2k pro as a server.
Anyone?

I think it depends on what kind of login script you are trying to run and how many computers you have. If you are trying to have a login script run for a few users and need seperate login scripts then you can use windows 2k pro and put the login script in their startup folder. But if you have a few people that have access to a bunch of computers you might want to use the server and use login scripts in active directory. Depends on your needs or wants.

You can't use 'server' login scripts as you would in a domain environment (ie, single place on the server for them) as you've no AD. You can only user login scripts on the individual workstations (you can copy the same scripts to all machines - but you'll need to set up each machine/user individually to pick them up).

What exactly are you trying to achieve? (as I'm sure someone here will come up with ideas to specific requirement). And some idea of size of network and number of users would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back