Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Locating a DLL through its COM object

Status
Not open for further replies.

devRyan

Programmer
Sep 1, 2006
US
Hi all,

I've been tasked with moving all the sites on an old webserver over to a new server. In my preparation, I went through all the old ASP code that runs most of the sites on the box to find what COM Objects were used. As to be expected many used things like ADO, FSO, MSXML, and IXSSO, but some use some third party COM objects.

I've done some research into this and have found that several of these COM objects were produced in-house. I've dug around through the ranks, inquiring about past developers and possible archives, etc. and pretty much exhausted all my leads, but have yet to find the dll that I need to run these COM objects.

I've surfed the system32 directory on the server and have found nothing that sticks out as a home spun dll. Is there any way to track down a dll by just knowing the name of its COM object?

Thanks for any help.

Ryan

See my answer in the other thread: thread333-1414759

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back